It has happened to all of us… We are late for an important meeting or event, with zero food in the house. You are starving, and need some sort of sustenance to get you through the day.
Now, I’m not one to condone fast food, but I also don’t promote starvation.
If worse comes to worse, and you have to get a bite on the road, here are some tips to best stick near your eating plan.
I might even let you in on MY favorite fast food choice…
(Note: Preparation is the KEY to eating healthy… In order to AVOID ever eating fast food, which is recommended, click here to see how to prepare all your meals in under 15-minutes and CHEAPER than fast food…)
- Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken: Ask for balsamic vinaigrette and you’re in business for a salad with 30 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat and 230 cals.
- Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Order with no mayo and eat it sans bun for the best option. The chicken breast is 7 grams of protein, 260 cals, and 7 grams of fat.
- Fresco Steak Burrito Supreme: 19 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat and 350 cals for this burrito filled with steak, salsa, and lettuce. Make sure you get an extra large water because this guy is packed with sodium.
- Fresco Chicken Soft Taco: For 10 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fat, and 106 cals, this is an option for a quick snack.
- Grilled Nuggets: This new option is delicious and a really high in protein. 34 grams of protein, for 200 calories and 4.5 grams of fat for the 12-piece grilled nugget.
- Grilled Market Salad: For 23 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat and 200 cals, this salad comes with some good fruits, chicken and nuts.
- Chicken Teriyaki Salad: This option has the most protein by far, weighing in at 27 grams. Fill it with any veggies of your choice for 220 cals and 3 grams of fat
- Oven Roasted Chicken or Roast Beef Salad: These option comes in 2nd for the most protein at 19 grams. Again, fill with any veggies for a total of 220 calories.
- Cookie Crumble Frappuccino (Just kidding…but is it your cheat day? If yes, go for it!)
- Chicken and Hummus Bistro Box: This box comes with hummus, chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and pita bread and weighs in at 20 grams of protein, 7 grams of fat and 270 cals for some quick energy
- Zesty Chicken and Black Bean Salad Bowl: This salad comes with grilled chicken, black beans, roasted corn, jicama, tomatoes, feta, greens, quinoa, chile vinaigrette. It has 19 grams of protein, 15 grams of fat and 360 cals, has a lot of pretty natural ingredients to give you a quick boost.
- Mixed Nuts or Fruit: There are always those grab and go type of foods at Starbucks. Grab a banana or package of mixed nuts for a quick, guilt-free snack.
- Asian Cashew Chicken Salad: With a whopping 36 grams of protein, this salad is a descent option. Go easy on the dressing, because of the sugar content.
- Ultimate Grill Chicken Sandwich: This is a great option for lots of protein. Each sandwich contains 34 grams of protein. Skip the mayo, and eat sans bun for the best option.
- Kentucky Grilled Chicken Breast: This guy has 40 grams of protein per serving, for 220 calories, and 7 grams of fat. This is a good option has the most protein by almost double all of the other options.
- Double-Double Protein Style: Everyone loves In-N-Out, and they give you the option of “Protein Style” for a lettuce-wrapped burger, minus the bun. You can get two beef patties for 33 grams of protein, 520 calories, 39 grams of fat. If you get ketchup and mustard instead of their famous spread, you can cut lean out this option just a bit.
My Favorite Fast Food:
- Barbacoa Tacos: Order them with corn tortillas and feel free to go crazy with the salsas and lettuce. Add some black or pinto beans if you are feeling extra hungry. The barbacoa meat gives you 24 grams of protein per serving, with 7 grams of fat for 165 calories.
- Chicken Burrito Bowl: The chicken gives you 32 grams of protein per serving! Feel free to add any of the salsas, beans, fajitas and lettuce.
- Steak Salad: The steak gives you 30 grams of protein per serving. Add beans, fajitas, and salsas to top it off. Skip the vinaigrette, and add some extra salsa.
(Chipotle Hack: ask for two different meats and say “I want half chicken and half steak” or whatever two kinds of meat you want. You will typically get more meat and you won’t have to pay extra!)
So, there you have it. If you get stuck in a bind, and need to get a bite on the road, this guide should help you make some better choices, rather than throwing in the towel on your eating plan completely.
Don’t let yourself starve…just make the best choice possible!
OR… Prepare ahead of time with the system HERE! <= recommended!